Lights, Camera ACTION
Do you want to communicate with your customers/audience via video but do not know where to start?
We know we use video – hands up FaceTime? Instagram stories? Snapchat Stories? WebEx? Skype? Video conference… I know your hand is up! We know like us our customers/audience like and use video, so what is stopping us from using video to engage with our customers/audience?
Fear? Don’t know where to start?
Lights, Camera ACTION – here is your guide to creating effective videos with little equipment and minimal budget. Get ready to impress your customers/ audience and increase your engagement! Today we will start with 'How to write an effective video script'
After this blog, you too will feel enabled to create a video for your customers/audience.
Fail to prepare – prepare to fail (an oldie but a goodie)
Nobody is naturally brilliant at video- NOBODY. People can be good at speaking but EVERYBODY needs to prepare and practice to deliver an effective short video.
- Write a 45 second script - ANY longer is too long and you will loose your audience
- Your script should start with a hook (NEVER start with your name) e.g. '4 times as many customers would rather watch a video then read about a product'
- THEN introduce yourself and how you can help your customers, if you sell to a specific industry or region mention this too (the more personal to your customers the better!) e.g. My name is Ciaran Verso, I help companies across EMEA to create videos to send to their customers.
- Now tell your customer the benefits of working with YOU (NOT your company) e.g. The sales teams I work with book meetings with their customers by using video for demand generation.
- LAST but by no means LEAST - CALL TO ACTION - What do you want your customer to do? Register for an event? Book a meeting with you? e.g. I would love to talk to you about how video can become a successful tool for you and your sales process. I will call you Thursday at 11 am to discuss - if this time is unsuitable please let me know and I can suggest another.
Lets Roar Together